Follow this checklist to prepare for your exciting adventure with the Saanich International Student Program
- Complete the application form - PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY including:
- Full LEGAL name
- Parent’s full LEGAL name
- Complete address with postal code ( if parents are at separate addresses please put both )
- Email address of student
- Email address of family
- Sign and initial all pages where requested
- Attach passport picture to front page of the application
- Complete Introduction letter to Host Family
- Include pictures of your friends and family and hobbies
- Submit an official copy of report cards for the past two years in your own language
- Submit certified copy of your report cards translated into English
- Submit a readable copy of passport.
- Submit Canadian (non-refundable) application fee.( Master Card and Visa accepted for application fee ).
- Upon acceptance to the program SISP will issue an Invoice and Offering Letter to you
- Transfer all fees to the Saanich International Student Program as instructed on the invoice
- Notify the program that payment has been made.
- When the fees are received the program will issue a receipt as well as an official Letter of Acceptance and Custodian for ( if applicable ) to present to the Canadian Immigration for a study permit and/ or entry visa
- Send travel itinerary
How to Apply for a Study Permit:
Step 1: Obtain an application for a Study Permit from the Canadian Embassy, Consulate, or High Commission nearest your home.
Step 2: Gather the necessary documents. Make sure you submit all the appropriate documentation with your application. Missing documentation will delay your receipt of a Study Permit. Below is a checklist of key requirements that you will have to submit with your application.
- Proof of financial support to show that you will have enough money during your stay in Canada. This includes:i. Proof that your tuition and home stay fees have been prepaid (as stated on your Letter of Acceptance from the Saanich School District).ii. Proof that you have sufficient funds for return transportation, spending money in Canada, etc. You can use your bank statements for the past four months for this purpose.
- Proof of identity: a valid passport
- An Official Letter of Acceptance from the Saanich School District
- A notarized Declaration of Custodianship, issued by the school district, and notarized. For the majority of students the school district notarized custodian.
- A medical examination (required if your stay in Canada will exceed six months). Medical processing will add several weeks to the time necessary to obtain your study permit. The medical examination forms can be obtained from the Canadian Embassy, the Consulate, or the High Commission nearest your home
Step 3: Submit the Study Permit application form and the required documents along with the Study Permit application fee to the appropriate Canadian Embassy, Consulate, or the High Commission.
Step 4: A student may be required to attend an interview with the Visa Officer at the Canadian Embassy, Consulate, or the High Commission. You must satisfy the Canada Immigration Visa Officer that you meet the requirements of the Canadian Immigration Act and Regulations and that you will be in Canada for a temporary stay. Once the Visa Officer is satisfied tat you are a -bona fide- student, and all statutory requirements are met, you will be given a Study Permit
Now that you put a check mark beside every item you are definitely READY TO GO
We look forward to meeting you!