Saanich School District will now accept complete applications using our secure online application system. Mailed, emailed, or faxed applications will only be accepted until May 31, 2018. Incomplete or unpaid applications will not be processed
Before you begin the online application process, please make sure you have collected all the necessary information and documents. You will need the applicant’s complete information and as well that of at least one parent. This includes names, birthdates, addresses, etc. Required and recommended documents ( see below ) must be submitted as PDF or JPEG files only and less than 5MB each. If any document is larger than 5MB, or scanned at too high a resolution must be rescanned at a lower resolution before beginning the application process.
In order to submit an application, the documents listed below are required. If you do not upload these documents into the online application system, you cannot complete the application process. If you do not submit a complete application within fourteen (14) days, the partial application will be automatically deleted.
- Participation Agreement. The parent(s) and student must sign our agreement. Download is available directly within the application.
- Transcripts or report cards. You must have a record of grades for the last two years, translated into English, they must be in PDF or JPEG files only, and less than 5MB in size. You will only be able to upload one document, so please ensure all pages of the records of grades are scanned as a single document.
- Course Request Form.
- Passport photo page. Please scan the passport photo page of the applicant’s passport, if they have a passport already. This allows us to double-check the applicant’s information to ensure that all correspondence is correct.
- Letter to Host Family. In your letter of introduction, please write about yourself, your family , your interests and hobbies, and why you have decided to participate in this program
- Photo albums. Please scan the entire album as one document.
We recommend that you collect the following documents prior to applying. These documents assist us in making an admission decision should we require additional information. They must be submitted as single documents in PDF or JPEG files only and less than 5MB each.
- Custodian document. If the applicant will not be part of our homestay program, they must assign a custodian. This custodian must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, over 25 years old, and must live full time in the Victoria area. If the student is under 13 years of age, they must live with a parent while participating in the program.
- Other documents. If you have another document pertinent to admission, such as a student interview form, please submit it as a single document.
Application Checklist for Paper Application:
- Complete the application form - PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY including:
- Full LEGAL name
- Parent’s full LEGAL name
- Complete address with postal code ( if parents are at separate addresses please put both )
- Email address of student
- Email address of family
- Sign and initial all pages where requested
- Attach passport picture to front page of the application
- Complete Introduction letter to Host Family
- Include pictures of your friends and family and hobbies
- Submit an official copy of report cards for the past two years in your own language
- Submit certified copy of your report cards translated into English
- Submit a readable copy of passport.
- Submit Canadian (non-refundable) application fee.( Master Card and Visa accepted for application fee ).
- Upon acceptance to the program SISP will issue an Invoice and Offering Letter to you
- Transfer all fees to the Saanich International Student Program as instructed on the invoice
- Notify the program that payment has been made.
- When the fees are received the program will issue a receipt as well as an official Letter of Acceptance and Custodian for ( if applicable ) to present to the Canadian Immigration for a study permit and/ or entry visa
Now that you put a check mark beside every item you are definitely READY TO GO
We look forward to meeting you!